View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 09:39 PM   #47804
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Oops. Sorry guys.

I know Everlong's the big favorite... I am utterly in the minority.

But I barely count as even a fair weather Foos fan. I love album #1, and on TCATS I pretty much just like... well, My Hero... even though I like it a LOT and whenever I hear it fills me with adrenaline and nostalgia. The drum intro kills me. It's just an amazing song, not in an objective way, but in a way that had a lot to do with being a Nirvana fan who was frustrated that the Foo's were an entirely different creature.

When I first heard that song, and to a lesser extent saw the video, I felt like the elephant in the room was finally being acknowledged. I was so disappointed by Monkeywrench and blah blah walking after you blah.. Fucking love songs and goofy videos! It was insulting! But My Hero had nothing silly about it, not even in the video (Everlong was a different story). It really felt like what I *wanted* the Foos to be.

But most people agree with y'all. I'm the outsider here. No insult or criticism intended.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|