View Single Post
Old 02.05.2008, 08:24 PM   #38
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
I don't consider Nations 'Hardcore'. I know, I know, they were obviously influenced by the genre, but their music doesn't really indicate that, to me. Like Refused, Nations were far from 1-dimensional, which 'hardcore' is. Even though it's never been stated by either band, I too see the similarities between Refused and Nations, not necessarly though, although one was a parody (if you will) band, and the other was more serious with their politics (Refused, if that's not obvious enough). The Shape of Punk to come stands alone, no band sounds anything like that album and no band ever will no matter how much they try and mimick it, and many have (I'm more refering to the comment I saw in this thread where Refused were called 'metalcore', which is really bogus).

have you heard pre-shape of punk to come? their stuff back then sounded like they loved earth crisis and snapcase a little too much.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|