Thread: LA recs??
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2017, 08:12 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
eh, this lack of fresh produce business is a bit of a huge myth. sure, if you go to 7-11 or a corner store you won't find a lot of fresh anything, and yes in some deep lost places you find nothing but processed corn and sugar.

but i live outside a hellhole town in the middle of nowhere and there are a bunch of supermarkets that carry ample produce sections with everything from your usual oranges and apples and iceberg lettuces to 4 types of cabbage and multiple lettuce varieties, three kinds of avocados, armies of chilies, ten kinds of potatoes, all manner of herbs, root vegetables from beets to daikon, weird asian fruits, all kinds of organic stuff, tangerines and tangelos and peaches and nectarines, multiple strains of apples and avocados, imports from around the world, etc.--and im talking about a walmart, not whole foods or any fancy place.

me i buy a lot of frozen veggies, which are more nutritious, cheaper and reliable than their wilting brethren. i really can't afford to have strawberries gathering mold in my produce drawer. so i buy them frozen and they're always ready and unspoiled. why pay more and let things go to waste? aesthetics? eh...

but sure a lot of people think potato chips and ketchup count as vegetables ha ha ha ha. pushing carts full of soda and doritos. i'ts not mandatory. but you see it a lot.

no lack of produce in california though. that place is produce heaven. the best of everything. i remember stumbling onto a farmers market in hollywood one weekend morning and holy shit, it was blocks and blocks of *everything* in the middle of the street--and shoppers galore. you'd love it. never seen one so big.

if you wanna see how those veggies are grown you could drive up the pch to ventura county and see those towns that look right out of the x-files. huge fields covered in plastic (saves water), lots of machinery, and immigrants living in company towns like it's the XIX century. i got lost there once and it was fantastic.

you're gonna need a car for all this (venice included) and traffic is hell in LA. HELL. that's true trashed america alright-- the LA freeways. the horror.

for true trashed america i think mississipi tennessee and louisiana are gonna be where it's at. oh yeah. red states with more obesity and less produce than the rest. if you're in memphis and want true trashed amerika mos def visit graceland! ha ha ha. i've never been, but i want to--so grotesque.

oh, here's a movie you might like as a preview of texas-louisiana: SCHULTZE GETS THE BLUES. it's about a retired german miner who... oh just watch it and have a good laugh. movie has very little dialogue but it's hilarious and great and very much about music.

you gonna be driving or flying?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|