View Single Post
Old 02.12.2017, 12:09 PM   #58
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
if Dino jr. come near me at anytime, I have to see them.

they are loud, melodic, and tight. what more do you want from a rock show? the greatest live band in existence. besides maybe Swans or the Melvins and a couple of classic rock bands.

I stop giving a shit about them or the reunion years ago but, if you want to see a band on point, then they are the ones to see. always loved the way Lou played bass. the Lemmy way. it's like an earthquake live.

Lou is better as boring Sebadoh. I've always thought Lose on You're Living all Over should've been an instrumental. Lou reminds me of somebody who is tough but acts like a wussy because he thinks its punk.

Hah @ Lou, re: wussy

See, this is the difference between you and ** PLips ... even though you may go through phases where your posts are more drunken ramblings and pseudo-spam than anything else, you're still very clearly, and above all else, a music fan. So you can't resist a good shit shooting sesh about artists bear and dear to you. I've noticed that Senadoh is one of these. Same for me. So cheers.

And yes, Dinosaur Jr. is one of the best live bands around. I too am quite over the excitement of the reunion (but that makes sense, because they've been "old Dino" again for a DECADE now, so treating any of this like a reunion is ridiculous), but when they first announced the original trio was regrouping, and they played their first few shows prior to the release of Beyond, I was fucking ON IT. It might as well have been "The Empire Strikes Back." That's how pumped I was in the line for the first post-reunion show I attended. And it fucking slayed.

Now, though, they've existed longer as a version 2.0 of their original selves than many promising bands who have sprung up in the interim. Women, one of my personal favorite rock-type bands of recent years, made waves and then dissipated between the release of Farm and I Bet on Sky, for instance. SWANS regrouped, conquered the world, and apparently stopped once again in the time since Dino became Dino again.

I think I'm more of a Sebadoh guy than a Dino guy, but I wouldn't feel the need to drop what I was doing for another Sebadoh show. Much like you, however, I would pretty much see Dinosaur jr any time, any place, barring extenuating circumstances. For the record I think they're better live than the Melvins. I've seen some MIGHTY fucking Melvins shows, but I've also caught some "meh" ones. Of the five or six times I've seen Dino, I've never caught them on an off night.

** I honestly thought for the longest time that it was FLips, as in Flaming Lips, because my eyes are SHIT. This is probably why I gave him a pass on his bullshit for so long. Y'know... Lips fan solidarity and whatnot. Knowing this was not the case, it was waaaay easier to make him the one and only name on my ignore list.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|