View Single Post
Old 12.31.2016, 11:35 PM   #73
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
viet cong bored me. rock music should just die already.

and Pablo is still one of the most boring albums of this year. fuck you Kanye and yr stupid album. fuck the cheap gospel shit that runs the first half of the album. boring junk. chance is junk. beats and samples make up like always for the bullshit. rather jerk off than listen to this like the rest of hip hop of the year.

dude gave us a half great track with 30 hours. the amazing no more Parties in LA and the somewhat good real Friends. the rest is a snoozefest. hip hop should just die already.

You're just plain talking to me when you say stuff like this. Wouldn't it be easier to just pm me? Or be like, "Hey Severian, I've been thinking and this time I really do hate Kanye for serious no take-backs." Would that not get your point across?

If rock should just die and hip-hop should just die, what, exactly, should... like... not die? I know you hate bleeps and bloops and electronic anything, and I think I recall hearing you condemn everything "avant" ... soooo... what's up man? You rocking Chris Stapleton or whatever-the-fuck now?

Anyhoo, you know damn well that Pablo isn't a traditional hip-hop record. It's not Migos or Yachty or Future, sounds nothing like any of it. Sounds nothing like itself half the time. I understand it's not for everyone, but if you ever liked Kanye and you don't like "Fade" or "Famous" or "Wolves" or "Ultralight Beam" then I don't know what to tell you. "Fade" is a cross-genre achievement. Most mesmerizing "mainstream" single of this or any recent year. And "Real Friends" is great and you know it.

Maybe hip hop should die. I feel that there are very few modern voices in the genre that are worth listening to. So much of it sounds the same. But Kanye? Fuck. Made a more interesting album than PJ, Radiohead, Aphex Twin, or, frankly, ANYONE else this year. The only album that is as artistically varied is Blackstar.

You have to admit it's impressive that the guy pissed off EVERYONE (me most of all) with the album's release, denied people a chance to buy it, crammed a bunch of stream of consciousness chaos onto the record and it STILL was one of the year's most consistently praised albums — and a number 1 record to boot. All he does is deliberately push buttons and defy expectations and dare people to write him off, but when it comes to the music, they just can't. Even though you hate the album (weirdo) you know that's impressive.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|