Thread: minimal living
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2018, 03:17 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for your feedback dude.

I should say that yeah, I'm not aiming for like living with nothing. I don't want a "tiny house," I don't want to give up good food and drink. I don't want to buy NOTHING. I just want to stop collecting shit that I don't need to collecting. I don't want to be so material, y'know?

#2 - Mary Kondo? Yeah I read her book a couple of years ago actually. And I'm pretty on board with the whole "does this bring me joy now?" way of thinking. I can't be as hardcore as her but she has some ideas I like.

#5 - yeah I've used Decluttr recently. I sent them 3 boxes of CD's when I made the step of clearing out my hip hop collecting. They do'nt pay great, but they pay SOMETHING. I'd generally keep using them for non "rare/valuable" CD's.

#8 - the house sitch for us is not necessarily about an investment, other than investing in our happiness. Which is to say the house we live in now is beautiful, but not in the town we are happiest to be in. It's now more important for us to just live in the place we want to be even if that means we might be buying less house (that may mean slightly smaller, or just needs some more work). But that might not even be necessary. We'll see.

Anyway, yeah to reiterate I just want to get out of the mindset of buying so much unecessary stuff.