View Single Post
Old 09.08.2008, 10:03 PM   #23
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
What? acting like i know everyone's motivation for doing what they do? I don't know how you can infer that from what I said. Bit of a leap there, since i was talking about specific things, not EVERYTHING.

Whats this Mr. Pure stuff? What the fuck? I never even said I created anything in the first place, yet you assume I do? Haha, sounds a bit defensive of you.

I don't even get you to be honest.

But its obvious how much of a dick you're acting. Hope I didn't invalidate any of yr shitty fantasies!

OK then, lets' go back to the beginning...

Quote:
An artists ego can seem like a pretty fake thing in comparison to what actually goes on in the world.

Art will exist no matter what "actually goes on in the world." People have a drive to create art that goes back to the beginning of our existence. It is not all some kind of effort to inflate or further the ego of its creator. Most of it (the vast majority, I daresay, good or bad) just comes out of people because they want to make it for ENJOYMENT.

Quote:
what real difference can art make to an individual enslaved in capitalism? doesnt it just fufill us with fantasies of becoming a member of the class that enslaves us? is it not counter productive to buy into the egos of a musician dependant on you to ride out their little narcissitic mythical fantasy of self?

It doesn't HAVE to make a difference to those of us "enslaved in capitalism." "Enslaved" isn't a word you would use lightly if you had any real connection to actual enslavement either. Yeesh; being born into a society you can't change and finding it frustrating isn't really "enslavement." It's the same conundrum we all face every fucking day. Art makes it a little less miserable for me, both via creating it myself and experiencing that which is made by others. NONE of us are going to "break down the machine," for god's sake.

And I hate to disappoint you, but most of us making art and music don't "depend" on the validation of people fawning all over us in order to "maintain a little narcissistic fantasy world." All the ivory-tower musing in the world won't change that.
I might be coming off as a bit of a dick, yes, but sanctimonious "theorizing" just brings out that side of me, I guess.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|