View Single Post
Old 07.07.2011, 07:24 PM   #14899
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha

This movie was great. Super sad and felt like a bunch of little mini movies which was really neat. Giulietta Masina is absolutely intoxicating in it and she steals every scene (as she should, being the lead). But now I think I could watch everything she's been in. Fellini sure manages a really bleak atmosphere through means I can't even put together. I'm not sure if it was intended to be an anti-male picture, but almost every guy in this picture is an absolute puss. Moochers, faux macho bravado, chauvinists, and more of the same. The end is terrific, and not even a surprise, but works on some level that's really moving. Thank God there's no dialogue during it. Fantastic.

I'd definitely recommend you see La Strada if you liked Masina in Nights of Cabiria. A beuatiful film. I sometimes wonder about the roles Fellini gave to Masina (his real life wife). There's a cruelty about them but Masina herself was apparently completely happy with it. And did you know the Shirley MacLaine musical Sweet Charity was a remake of Nights of Cabiria?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|