View Single Post
Old 10.20.2014, 11:39 AM   #1274
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, I wrote a lot.

I've been through the entire album several times now, and I think it's got a certain "presence" that a lot of high-profile 2014 hip hop records have lacked. Some of these breakout albums by folks like Sage the Gemini, and YG, and Kid Ink, etc. just sound like nothing. I kinda felt that way about B.O.A.T. II #MeTime by 2 Chainz, and even Oxymoron to some extent.

At the very least, Game (like Ro$$, The Roots, Rocky and precious few others in the middle-ground between Kanye/Jay-Z-level superstardom and lesser known/underrated/stuck in mixtape-level artists) has a distinctive and unmistakable sound of his own. Love him or hate him, he commands his records, and he puts his mark on his music... Like Zorro. Swish-swish-swish

:|
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|