View Single Post
Old 07.11.2014, 02:55 PM   #259
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The tHUNDER knew Harden is a chucker, and got rid of him ASAP. he does not play defense.

That is true, and indeed they became an almost defense first team since he left so clearly that was part of their plan all along BUT lets not kid ourselves, even with bad defense James Harden is probably in the NBA top-10 right now, period. My bias, I always liked The Beard since his rookie year so I might just be sipping the kool-aid..

I like what Grantland mentioned, that in part, Lebron demanding max-money was similar to what Kobe did. While it seemingly sabotaged roster flexibility it sent a powerful message to the owners and franchises. It was literally embarrassing that the undisputed best player in the NBA was not even the 5th best paid player.. EVERYBODY and THEIR MAMA thought Lebron should be like Tim/Tony/Manu and take less money to keep the band together. However Lebron is different, Tony and Manu aren't in anyway the best players in the NBA, and Tim is five years past his prime... so those guys taking pay cuts is LOGICAL, its part of business strategy. The Lebrons of the NBA aren't supposed to do that, it hurts the business side of it. It hurts ALL the players, because now the NBA assumes ALL of them will take pay cuts. BULLSHIT.

The 2011 Lockout was about Owners trying to take revenue shares AWAY from players.. They succeeded in this. Raising the luxury tax was STUPID, it was shooting any team in the foot. The Nets lost over $140,000,000 last year. THAT IS FUCKING INSANE!!!

Lebron, Kobe, now Bosh and probably Melo taking the max deals is the best strategy for the future of the PLAYERS, because now it tells franchises in a powerfully visible way, "Fuck y'all and your pay cuts, pay the players."

In that regard, I totally respect that. I can't help it. I work Union, fuck the boss, fuck the company, pay the workers. If the NBA players as Union labor feel like this is their best negotiating tactic, and if they feel it empowers the players over the owners great. I only hope it sets an example to ALL the employees of the NBA, from the ticket stalls to the janitors, security to the training staff. Fuck that, this is a multi-BILLION dollar industry, NOBODY deserves to be broke here

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|