View Single Post
Old 06.12.2013, 02:14 PM   #126
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
That's cool, man. When I saw her she had a bassist and a drummer with her, but it was still a very powerful performance. She has a unique style on guitar, I dig it very much. And as good as her records are, when I saw her live it really blew me away in a way the records don't quite manage. Really hope I get the chance to see her again some time.

Before Over the Sun was released in June 2004 I was chasing that edge and intensity of her live stage show through out her back catalogue for two fucking years. I wasn't disappointed, I mean her acoustic albums are coffee shop with a fierce almost psychosis, and then Dyed in the Wool is perhaps a top-ten record of all time for me. That album is like what would happen if Portishead and radiohead collaborated and just didn't look back.

In an interview she said she finally put together Over the Sun because all her fans had been telling her just how different her stage show was from all her albums, and how they were really hoping to hear that on records. I was thinking, my thoughts exactly! So she said she decided to record an album that better reflected what she had been doing on the road, and I think that Steve Albini nailed it! Over the Sun is also an epic record..

Shit, not to mention that stark Yann Tiersen collaboration, that album has the moving force of like Shindler's List!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|