View Single Post
Old 10.31.2017, 09:35 AM   #198
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogologogolo
I keep coming back to the new Four Tet album. I'm not sure if it's because it's a good album or it's good study music, but I like it. Planet is the single to listen to off that one.

Man, I was really excited about it, but it’s turned out to be kind of a letdown for me. Just not very compelling, in my opinion. Weird for Four Tet. It’s got a very traditional quality to it that is, frankly, not what I really want to hear... especially in techno. It feels like it could have been released in the ‘90s. It’s not *bad* but it just hasn’t grabbed me the way other albums have.

*shrug*

This year’s biggest jolts to the brain have been Jlin’s “Black Origami,” Actess’ “AZD,” and Visible Cloaks’ “Reassemblage,” Arca’s “Arca’s” and Mount Kimbie’s “Love What Survives.” All really goddamn great records that run the gamut from ambient to next-level footwork to more amorphous, innovative weirdness.

Also, not sure if it’s electronicy enough, but Fever Ray’s “Plunge” is goddamn amazing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|