View Single Post
Old 09.27.2007, 08:25 AM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
this is the sort of info i wish i didnt know due to fear of using up to much memory towards trivial crap.

reality:

sonic youth circa 1982 would have thought this a bad idea.

sonic youth circa '88 might have done it for the money.

sonic youth circa now are doing it most def. for the money.

who cares? i dont. im tired of hearing about the starbucks shit. only interest i have is the new song thats going to be on it, and maybe the liner notes.

that is all.

i couldn't agree with you more, because as most people in general "age" they become more aware of the basic things that they need to survive and live longer (maybe this is a bad generalization) the sad reality (at least if you live in the US) is that "money speaks"... the band members have hit or are coming close to hitting 50 years old and are approaching 60 years old, they must think about the obvious things like healthcare and those who have children their children's "continued education"... so there is a price, its a balance and comprimise for them to juggle the "indie cred" mentality and making money to support themselves for now and the future and their children, so if they feel that the starbucks venture will help them, so be it.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|