View Single Post
Old 12.08.2011, 02:38 AM   #15332
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I forgot about Il Grido. Very good. Of all of them, though, I think Cronaca di un amore is his most underrated. There's something really hypnotic about it. It feels like a silent movie. I do have a soft spot for Zabriskie Point, without necessarily thinking it's very good.

Kiss Me Deadly (7/10)

I like this, but not as much as most people I know. It's all a bit too clever, made by someone who looks like they've watched too many German Expressionist and Orson Welles movies for their own good. Bits of it are undeniably brilliant but the excessive visuals eventually threaten to capsize the whole thing.

I loooove "Kiss Me Deadly. Currently watching all of Robert Aldrich's stuff. For 1955, "Kiss Me Deadly" is so nihilistic and moody... the way the film's opening scene just bangs into view, the credits rolling backwards.... all so ahead of its time. I kinda forgive Tarantino for ripping it off. Another great, but hard to find, Aldrich is "The Angry Hills" and "Ten Seconds To Hell" which he made for Hammer studios.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|