View Single Post
Old 06.18.2019, 01:10 PM   #24029
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
PERFORMANCE

where has this movie been all my life? and what was it all about? holy fuck! loved it, and wanna watch it again.

the style of the first “noir” part is cool as shit

the second part of the movie is more stylistically traditional as the story gets more out of hand

the mick jagger musical number is awesome haaahahahaa

holy fuck 1970. thanks, criterion!

This had been on my to-watch list for the longest time and you two spurred me to do it so I chose it for film night last Sunday.

I really enjoyed it. A lot more than I expected. Notable points-

I could never tell whether the guy who plays the mob boss was terrible or did that style of acting so well because he was actually decent. I leaning towards he was terrible.

Anita Pallenberg. My god *bites fist*

Some of the ideas in it were well ahead of its time. The whole cross dressing, androgyny and gender fluidity is pretty out there for the period.

The last shot where you think it's James fox being taken away and then it turns out to be Mick Jagger was just stupid. There was no need for it. All it does is make people "ooh what does it mean" when actually it doesn't mean anything.

To be a fly on the wall for Jagger's life in that period would have been something.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|