View Single Post
Old 06.10.2015, 12:33 PM   #46846
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
See, this guy knows what I'm talking about.

well, it's not like you were explaining derrida & deconstruction, so nobody missed anything i think, but i think you missed what i was driving at, and that's my fault for not being more clear-- that rock isn't folk music, and that lyrics help but are not essential to get that feeling of running naked in the woods with a hatchet in your hand-- the thing that makes you scream the chorus outloud even if you're mangling the words. of course good lyrics help/don't hurt. but not everyone in the planet is american/british/australian/etc, and yet the music still works all over the planet.

but anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society is also a kind of concept record about a "simpler time" in England's history (the proverbial "village green" is the metaphor here, for a better, simpler Britain.) The Society is committed to preserving that way of life. Kinda like how right wing Americans want their lives to be like Leave it to Beaver with guns, only... y'know... not insane.

Read the Wikipedia article on the band. It's pretty well done and addresses the band's constant use of English culture, society, history and politics as an inspiration for their work.

Kind of like the rock n' roll Monty Python, if that makes any sense at all.

of course it makes sense--i'm just not very interested in that though (ha ha, sorry, not trying to be a dick, just don't know how to say this in an oblique way that will make the point across). i like monty python but i'm really not much of an anglophile in general. but thanks for the shared knowledge-- i might some day look into it-- honest. maybe it will be fun.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|