View Single Post
Old 03.26.2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
There is NOTHING "Rock" about arcade fire. that shit is so stupid soft.

Well, the radio seems to think there is, and that's l that counts for discussions like these. You're right, but who cares? A lot of music is played on a lot of hip hop stations that isn't hip hop. Tons of non-metal is played on the stations that claim to be the heaviest. All I mean is they are a band whose songs play along side-- and whose albums share chart space with-- Coldplay or OneDirection or whoever the hell people like these days... Black Keys?

Anyway, it's not unthinkable to call them "rock." It's a time saver at the very least, and I'm sure it's clear that I'm not saying they're Led Zeppelin or Hendrix or whatever the hell rock is if it's not just guitar-based songs by white people.

All I meant was that for a band that started out with a Canadian import EP, and within a decade won over larger and larger demographics until they won a grammy for album of the year, I would say they probably "belong" on a list that measures influence more than just about any other band I can think of for 2001-2010. Are they the fucking Velvet Ubderground? Are they Slint? Fuck no! But that's why I find them a reasonable choice for bottom this list that sucks anyway.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|