View Single Post
Old 02.15.2017, 11:17 AM   #15
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Oh, such a nice gastropub! I will definitely visit this one frequently and with pleasure.

Have you heard "Crisis of Representation" by Gábor Lázar yet? If not, go check it out, it's top shit. Angular electronica in the vein of Mark Fell.

Yeah, I listened to as much of it as I could in a sitting. It started strong, and I was like, "OK!" But as time passed, I went from "OK!" to "Okay...??" Then several tracks later I woke up from a blackout -- the result of being aurally stabbed in the brain about a thousand times.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm ... whatever ... enough to actually enjoy this kind of thing (yet?). I can appreciate it, but I have a hard time actually listening to it.

Mark Fell I can handle. Lázar worked with Fell on The Neurobiology of Moral Decision Making, of course, and I can hear his fencing/knife-play sound on that album, but it's smoothed and spread out, providing accents to waves of more digestible sound.

Crisis of Representation may just be a bit too much for me. Or to little? I don't know. But it's like getting acupuncture and having an anxiety attack at the same time.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|