View Single Post
Old 02.01.2017, 07:08 PM   #115
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Let us know how it is! I'd be tempted to read it, however, heard mostly negative stuff about those books.

The people who read the books are, like, really into them. Like it's an actual series or something. Doing the math, you've gotta figure most folks who read every 33⅓ entry probably haven't heard at least ⅓ of the albums they're reading about, but there's anreally loyal fan base. Or, maybe "readership" is the better word, since most of what people seem to want to do is bitch.

Anyway, I'm kind of a music book addict, and there's not much available on Kanye, apart from bullshit like his mom's book, or his "children's book" (with sizzurp) based on "Through the Wire." I'm sure there will be no shortage of material as his career winds down, but for now it seems as though this is the best we're going to get as far as serious critical writing goes.

I've never read a 33⅓ book before, which is crazy considering how many of my favorite artists have been included (Beatles, Lips, Joy Division, Beefheart, Aphex Twin), so it'll be an interesting experience.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|