View Single Post
Old 06.03.2018, 11:12 AM   #40653
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
That last job was PR, man. I’m not sure I’m ready to go to the dark side. Not yet.

Looking at communications jobs at colleges and universities, right now. It would be technically PR still, but some schools, as I’m sure you know, have some pretty good alumni and faculty publications that explore the goings-on in different departments. Having a background in academia might help, especially since I pretty much know I never want to be a full-on academic. Shit’s toxic, like House of Cards. But writing for and about an academic institution? I could get on board with that.
Anyway it’s what my father did after 25 years in the daily newspaper grind, and he got a nice salary increase, better benefits, etc.

Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s Sunday, and I’ve been working for seven days straight, so ... obviously I need to get to work.

pr is pr is pr but yeah who you work for makes a difference. hitting up alumni for donations and prospective victims for recruitment is not so satanic. there are also many “causes” some of which might be sympathetic to you.

i’d only be wary of joining a nonprofit on the verge of a recession, as we have a heated up economy and labor shortages so the 10 year business cycle is about done at this point. does not necessarily have to be a huge one but usually donations take a haircut. then again in such circumstances colleges might redouble their fundraising efforts. don’t know. what’s a recession-proof business?

anyway, best wishes yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I’m having a lot of stomach problems lately.

Anyone ever feel like they’re going to have diarrhea that never comes? Just regular BMs that feel unsatisfactory and fail to relieve the fiery, roiling turmoil in your guts?

LMAO

i’m no doctor, but wtf do you eat man?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|