View Single Post
Old 06.11.2015, 09:57 AM   #38927
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
for a copywriter? read some marketese books/websites/magazines. start with any opportunity you can find, build a network of clients and a portfolio. make yourself a nice website that proves what you claim-- you can get hosting for $3/mo these days. have problems with your name? use a pen name, then get an EIN with that name (sole proprietor, "DBA"). you can even start for free. hey, you can even start with your current employer. no business owner gives a shit about where a freelancer went to school. all they care is that you can do the job and have good samples/references. i've never got a freelancer job by sending my resume to anyone. connections/work samples/a record, not diplomas.

not saying quit studying, but if you're studying mass communications this is right in your line of study-- i mean, you have experience doing this shit since you were a kid, in a way-- weren't you in some kind of "street team" or something? best to get practice in what you're learning than in a totally different industry. hey, maybe a professor can connect you/refer you. or connect with a graphic designer who needs a writer.

write some promo materials for your jefe! or some other small business around. maybe your tattoo shop or some other place. start cheap until you get good, then charge the big bucks.

eta: http://www.theguardian.com/careers/b...riter-top-tips

you seem to know sports...

===

saturday there's work so i'm taking today day off. woohoo!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|