View Single Post
Old 11.23.2019, 10:22 PM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Yes, I’ve heard them......poor choice of wording on my part.

I recall a time and discussions where people considered Pavement as nothing more than a -The Fall- rip-off. I didn’t understand it then, guess I still don’t hear it now?? I still don’t get those who compare Sonic Youth to Dinosaur Jr.???

Also, The Fall as such a vast history and catalogue.

Definitely not a ripoff but the influence, not just on the music, but on the overall aesthetic (talking early Fall here) is unmistakable.

I get Dino and Sonic Youth comparisons. Dino kind of tried some similar tactics in terms of integrating noise and melody only they used hardcore and classic rock as the lynchpins of their sound instead of noise, no-wave, post-punk, etc.

ALSO there are just very few bands that can be compared to SY at all, so that probably has something to do with it.

Personally I see Dino as more of an American roughneck take on the guitar squall of early J&MC and MBV, but whatever
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|