View Single Post
Old 10.30.2008, 02:27 PM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
im not sure about the recording. the care beards choir? i usually hear that peice in music class when a proffesor wants to demonstrate atonal music and weird notation. then the class laughs as the noise and i think to myself how great it is.
yeah the score is nuts. i looks like someone took a felt pen to a staff and just blacked it out. and theere are all these crazy tasks that the musicians have to play that can be deicphered by a key on the side (if im not mistaken)

I would imagine there's a few people collect a lot of those peices for the score alone - you look at some of Penderecki, Xenakis, Tenney, Cage, (early) Feldman, Tudor or Scelsi's scores... beautfiul in their own right, regardless of what it represents.

I'm not entirely with you on the Monteverdi, but that is pretty special music. Bruckner's Motets! Messiaen! It's these sorts of places that these young snotty twats with distortion pedals need to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|