View Single Post
Old 05.14.2007, 02:20 AM   #26
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
Not really info or trivia but a cool story. When i was 18 or so living in Barstow, CA (and Venice during the weekends, my Morrison phase I guess) I worked at the bus station and a regional superviser was their for a week. Anyway it didn't take long for me to realize that she was a part of the 60s SF haight asbury scene back then and I spent more time asking her questions than working. But I asked about VU and she told me about when she first heard it. It was 67 I guess and she was hanging out with Janis Joplin and her band and others when someone put that record on that nobody had heard of yet. She said everyone just stopped their partying and stuff and all sat around totally mesmerized by this new band, this new sound they were hearing. There's more to the story but I can't remember much more anymore. But I taped off a copy of that album that she hadn't heard in like 20 years and she taped me off LA Woman in return.
blastscenealibi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|