View Single Post
Old 04.09.2016, 09:34 AM   #12
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
My fav band. I learned about them through the 2010s releases first then went back through the years. Shocking how "pretty" White Light is - and so good. I love the early "minimalist" stuff too, but the 2010s are the peak for me. God I can't wait for this.

Definitely one of my favorite bands as well. Have been for some time. Though I have to admit, I ran out of juice on To Be Kind pretty quickly. Especially compared to the Seer. I think Seer had a wider palate of sounds and tones than TBK, and I'm generally more drawn to the "hues" of Seer (which in my mind are dark blue, charcoal, crystal, violet) than to those of TBK (sandy brown, yellow, orange).

It looks like The Glowing Man is going for the same kind of palate as TBK, from the artwork and title track. Which is fine, but I don't think I'm going to probably love it the way I love My Father and The Seer, both of which are positively drenched in my kind of color. But I'm sure I'll absolutely fucking love the shit out of it no matter what. It's just... I doubt it will be the hands down album of the year for me that Seer was.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|