View Single Post
Old 04.13.2014, 08:16 PM   #99
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i wouldn't be surprised if sy were offered induction into the rock n roll hall of fame. i dont think this is far fetched at all, in fact i think its quite likely.

not interested in stacking reasons for or against this up in some pointless troll ego battle.

sy remixed la monte young, no wave, glenn branca and decades of experimental/underground influence into what was essentially a rock n roll package. they basically reterritorialized the experimental fringes of culture back into music that was (sometimes) platable for mainstream consumption. whatever you think about this, it definitely serves the agenda of rock n roll. a genre that is definitely dead but never seems to end, like everything else now.

a band that is less likely to enter the rnr hall of fame is melvins, which is a shame because IMO they were definitely the best live rock/metal band for many years.

i'd say that ISIS should be put in there one day, since ISIS definitely made some of the best rock music of all time, call it metalcore or post metal or whatever, its definitely up there in the pantheon.

now that im 25 i could give the first fuck about all this "underground" or "sellout" shit. shakespeares got to get paid son. it is in fact goddamn DECADENT for any of you spoilt teenagers to whine about artists making money any goddamn way they can, because homelessness, illness and poverty threatens ALL OF US except the ultra rich.

as if there was some "holy" space below the commercial radar in which pure, free, true self expression was being made and could like, give us its holy spirit or some shit. fuck that.

sway and hirsute are definitely right, and i could give a LOAD more reasons why sy are big enough to be considered.

it seems to me, that if you try and knock ANY avenue for artists to make money from today, then you are fundamentally against art. since we are just not in a position to pick and choose what opportunities we latch onto anymore.

if you care so much about some imaginary other who is gonna see your precious band, accessory to your pure soul, on some mainstream event like the rnr hall of fame, and thus somehow make your band uncool, then you're a bit stupid.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|