View Single Post
Old 06.17.2010, 06:18 PM   #53
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau
"You guys don't understand my Vuvuzela."

Freddie 'Saddam' Maake, the supposed inventor of the vuvuzela speaks.

"It's scandalous how belittling people speak about it! It does make for atmosphere, the African atmosphere. ... Oh, all that whining. We don't ask you to stop drinking or singing during a match in Europe, do we?"

Saddam doesn't own the right on the vuvuzela. "Neil van Schalkwyk has set up a cooperation with a German company and is selling them here. He's making tons and look at me." (Saddam lives in a small house in the township of Tembisa) "Ourageous. I only ever got 2500 rand (about 260 euro)

Saddam tries everything to still make some money out of his invention. He puts a CD in our hands 'Vuvuzela Saddam Maake, Volume II. "De prettiest vuvuzela tunes, he says with a serious face. I also sing on it. Worth it. 150 rand" (16 euro)

At the parting, Maake coolly writes a bill for 600 rand for the interview.
CD not included.

I'm sure I read somewhere a contract has been put out on his life.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|