Thread: shoegaze
View Single Post
Old 08.27.2009, 02:30 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I strongly consider that to be incorrect. I think Led Zep and Jimi Hendrix are unbelievably overrated. Jimi because he's dead and also because was the first person ever to play the electric guitar in that way. But I've heard shoegaze bands that I consider to be miles ahead of both of them. There's no point in even trying to compare them anyway

funny, I think Jimi Hendrix is completely UNDERRATED because people only judge his work on tunes like Hey Joe, Purple Haze and Foxey Lady, but rarely get into his final work like Room Full of Mirrors, Coming in From the Storm, Izabella, Cherokee Mist.. etc etc

Essentially Jimi Henrdix is underrated like Bob Marley, people only listen to exodus or jamming and think they know bob marley, but they never got into Survival or Confrontation.. the same with jimi. listening to a few played out singles does not count.. listening to smells like is not nirvana.. listening to jamming is not bob marley, listening to the american anthem is not henrdix.. and no, hendrix is NOT overrated. people don't know JACK SHIT about hendrix on the real!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|