View Single Post
Old 01.07.2008, 08:24 AM   #147
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I was probably 13 when I bought Jacques Dutronc's Double Disque d'Or in a supermarket, for I had liked his scopitones on television. A double album was attractive cause it contained more music. So there.

Next one was another compilation, by the Kinks, titled Collection, with a wonderful cover.

Then I dived into music that had been recorded less than 15 years before my buying the record, and got that Duran Duran record portrayed above, plus Seven & the Ragged Tiger - which I couldn't listened to these days.

After those, it's quite blurred, my guess is some Nina Hagen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
So do you think our first five albums were formative somehow, shaping what we'd like to listen to, collect the rest of our lives? Any theories? Environment? Genetics? A combination of both?

I've regularly got back to the Kinks.
Mostly when my later records began sounding disappointing.
Then I try to move on to things related to the Davies brothers - artists who would have covered a few of their songs, leading me to British garage rock, and expanding from there (the way I expanded my love for Sonic Youth buyig Dino Jr, Pussy Galore and so on... til the mid 90s).
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|