View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 11:06 AM   #280
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I've only had a couple listens through this, so I'm not going to make any wild statements until I've actually become that accustomed to it. One thing that sticks out on my first listens though is the production on the vocals- I really don't like it- sounds too glossy to me. Kim's vocals on Sacred Trickster and Calming The Snake are maybe the best examples of this.. that echo is buck nasty. She'd have benefitted without the echo, maybe some distorted effect instead. It'd make the vocal more immediate and in keeping with the rockin riffage beneath. Oh also the way Kim has reused that 'Come on down to the river' line from Nevermind (What Was it Anyway) is really bugging me. And Thurston's singing on Thunderclap is embarrassing.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|