View Single Post
Old 10.04.2008, 02:20 AM   #32
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
chock this up to lazy/hazy sy info but didnt neuromancerhhave something to do with the sonic nurse album or am i completely misreadng that?

Theres an audio book copy of this at work and i think i might get it. Whats the book about?

No, Sonic Nurse contains the song "Pattern Recognition" which is based on the much more recent Gibson album. That's the connection your were undoubtedly thinking of.

Pattern Recognition is set in the contemporary world (essentially our own) though it contains many of the tropes commonly associated with cyberpunk nonetheless. Gibson was rather implying that the future he predicted in Neuromancer and his other science fiction novels is essentially starting right now.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|