View Single Post
Old 08.15.2011, 03:38 AM   #4327
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
When I first played through it when I was 13 or so, I would've defended that game to the grave. Defended any criticism anyone ever came up with. No, the draw system did NOT suck! One shotting that zombie boss with a phoenix down does not make it lame! It's clever!

Nowadays as a 23 year old, I have no qualms about admitting that there are some serious gameplay problems with that game. But that's fine, the story is still engaging, though somewhat convoluted and at times very um, teenager-esque. But the story is still interesting. Ultemicia is still the Final Fantasy antagonist I enjoy thinking about most. So yeah, still a very interesting game.

I haven't visited any of the PSX Final Fantasy titles since I was very young (my cousins had a PSX), and even then - I must not have gotten very far due to my age. FF8 really struck a chord with me, much moreso than the beloved FF7. I can't remember much, but the whole card system really appealed to me. I even enjoyed the animations for the creatures you unleashed over and over again.

My absolute favorite in the series was always ff3 (ff6) on the SNES though.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|