View Single Post
Old 06.12.2009, 09:22 AM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's good that Fender have honoured them with signature guitars. They probably did more to popularise the Jazzmaster than any band before them. Fender did an Elvis Costello version last year even though I doubt there were many people who originally bought one back in the late 70s on the strength of him playing one. Saying all that, i can't think of that many people actually buying the Lee and Thurston sig models. Certainly not many SY fans, for whom they'd be either too expensive or go against a certain DIY spirit that drew them to the band in the first place.

I wonder how many of Billy Corgan's signature Strats are hanging unsold in guitar shops right now?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|