View Single Post
Old 08.08.2014, 05:00 PM   #18131
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
L.A. Confidential is completely awesome. Unfortunately, I don't really have much specific to say about it. I own it via this triple feature blu-ray, which I initially purchased for The Player. Body Heat is also an excellent movie. I love 90's neo-noir (?).

One thing I can say about L.A. Confidential is that it seemed to do everything which the more recent film, Gangster Squad, did wrong - correctly. Despite having both Ryan Gosling, and Emma Stone (two of my favorite talents in Hollywood right now) in leading roles, Gangster Squad was too corny for its own good. A majority of that flaw could, and should, be attributed to Sean Penn's gawdy over-acting. That guy's a fucking ham and a half.

He practically nose-dived the film, single-handedly. How else could I not enjoy a film with a Gosling/Stone sex scene? Nonetheless Gangster Squad choked on its own cheesiness which kept it from achieving a more believable scenario. Films such as L.A. Confidential or the Untouchables managed so successfully to break the ice occasionally with some tasteful wit, but Gangster Squad fell off the tightrope hard, and Johnny Dangerously; Gangster Squad is not.

So yeah, Cheers to L.A. Confidential!

ha ha ha ha. i love that you called sean penn a ham. only nic cage surpasses him in the overacting department.

and thanks for the warning about gangster squad!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|