View Single Post
Old 06.02.2014, 10:27 AM   #46611
Blood_Promise
bad moon rising

Blood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
According to Steve Earle, no, but the again Steve may be a little biased. I love Townes, but in terms of stylistic and thematic scope and innovation, I don't think there can be much of an argument.
I am a huge Townes fan. He's the greatest country musician ever, even better than Hank Williams, for all I care, but where Dylan is miles ahead of him is the album production. Highway 61 Revisited or Blood On Tracks sound so fresh, whereas most of Townes' records sound so outdated and overdone, overproduced. So I usually listen only to his live albums, Live at the Old Quarter in particular.

I don't think Bob comes even close to the sincerity Townes poured into his songs. Though I am changing my opinion about Bob. Still you have to scratch the cool to get to the real stuff in Dylan. That's my conclusion so far.

I still dream about that Steve Shelley produced Townes record. Why didn't it happen.

Anyway, sorry for spamming this thread.

I am listening to 16 Horsepower - Secret South

Blood_Promise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|