View Single Post
Old 05.04.2010, 05:18 AM   #99
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
This thread sure has derailed hard from where I last let off.

Just for the record, I suppose, I will state that I am much more trusting of an explanation that is ground in the context of the struggling economies than one that seeks to pin it on critical theory, the lack of public intellectuals, ambiguous jargon, Lacan, or any other favorite target. Those things aren't new.

Probably despite my tone in my first replies, I'm don't believe Middlesex wanted to discontinue its Philosophy department. Even with courses like Housing Studies and Early Childhood Studies, which don't actually sound so ridiculous to me, I can't imagine what it must be like to run a university.

Of course, though, I don't want to pardon anything on count of placing business on a mystical pedestal but I think the answer lies there more than with the neurotic state(s) of the humanities.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|