View Single Post
Old 01.17.2017, 10:08 AM   #53
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Spoon - Hot Thoughts

Every time I think Spoon is done being interesting, this happens. Their mysterious new album takes form. It gets a kick-ass title, and reveal compelling album art that seems to fit perfectly into some previously unknown empty space in the Spoon universe.

Seriously, this is just great. It feels so Spoon.

This is now my most looked-forward to rock album of the year.

This appears to be coming out March 17, on Matador by the way.

Spoon hasn't been on Matador since Telephono (also know as "Spoon' Pablo Honey") in 1996. I don't actually think the label matters much. They released They Want my Soul on Loma Vista after a decade plus with Merge, and it still sounded Spoony.

Gotta say, that record (TWMS) was the first Spoon album that didn't really turn my crank on first listen, and didn't eventually grow into a staple. I haven't listened to it since the year of its release. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it certainly wasn't bad. It was good, just not immediately memorable (despite great art, title). It was no Ga or Sneaks. So I'm hoping for something that hits the spot right away.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|