View Single Post
Old 10.14.2014, 11:56 PM   #40
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I don't really agree, I think there was a lot of music being made by black people up to the 70s that counts as rock n roll, but is just called either funk or soul or whatever. I mean Sly and The Family Stone, Parliament and Funkadelic, James Brown, etc etc that was all small groups with guitars, bass, drums who toured and played live, and wrote and recorded their own music. Sure there were stylistic differences with what white musicians were doing but it was essentially still rock.
Yeah, you´re right. I think most of the music can put under rock (last year Public Enemy was chosen into RnRHoF). Originally I started this thread because quite many seem to think they chose RnR HoF many not rock artists. So I made a list for a artists, who has made straightforward, riffbased R´n`r, kind of continue a tradition what Chuck Berry & the others started. Sly & the Family Stone, Fishbone & others are not in list, because most of their material is something else than straightforward r´n´r. Bad Brains is quite straightforward, but I think it´s more hardcore punk than r`n`r. Of course many of the artists in my list has made also something else than just r`n`r, but anyway I think they have many songs that are badass R´N´R. For example you can call only Elvis two first albums R´n´R.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|