View Single Post
Old 12.12.2009, 01:15 PM   #52
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm looking at it now just as I looked at it when it was first released; it's a great record. It's fun listening to, and it's without a doubt better than Rather Ripped.

Sacred Trickster is a perfect opener, Massage The History is a great closer. In between them you find excellent songs like What We Know, Anti-Orgasm, Walkin' Blue and Malibu Gas Station.

Sadly, some songs are bad. Thunderclap could be one of the worst songs they've ever done. Poison Arrow and Leaky Lifeboat are annoying, and I've never really liked No Way either.

But still. Perhaps it's not their most original work, and surely not among their best albums, but it's a great listen. I wish they could find their way back to the ATL-NYC G&F period and not continue on this kinda straight rock path they're on now. But I guess we should all be glad as long as they continue releasing good music.
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|