View Single Post
Old 12.10.2009, 12:41 PM   #44
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
With a band as prolific as Sonic Youth you are bound to have favorites from their back catalog. My advice to those of you who are less than enthusiastic about The Eternal is to reacquaint yourself w/ the qualities that make you adore older albums and then seek those qualities out on The Eternal. It's hard because with a fan base like us --rabid SY fans that we are-- SY have a grip on our psyches in a million different ways (or less) and this fascination is often tied to a moment in history. I am speaking from experience here. I mean, Dirty was the album I grew up with so it has a special place in my heart. And I cannot afford the same space for The Eternal. On the other hand, I have grown and I realize I am living in the past when I put on Dirty. Better to forge new memories with new tunes or you will be stuck in the past forever. Apologies if you have already separated out the personal aspects of your like/dislike of whatever SY albums. I just needed to get this off of my chest.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|