View Single Post
Old 04.01.2013, 08:44 PM   #389
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I think the Wire was way inferior, acting wise, to the Sopranos. Writing not so good, either, the McNutty and his black pal, and wife and kids and girl friends has got to be the worst characterizations since, I don't know when. Some parts are excellent, a lot of the inner story around the higher ranking cops and politicians was very good. I only watched 2 or 3 epsodes of Treme and bailed on it. Same thing. Unbelievable characters, poor dialog and acting.
yeah I always thought the wire was really clichéd in terms of the individual characters; the show as a whole was good (I'm not nearly as big on it as others) but the characters had the depth of a toddler pool.

it's the same problem I have with this new show, top of the lake. I mean for fuck's sake, you're copping your entire concept from twin peaks so you may as well put some time into your characterizations. it's seriously as if they're not even trying to distance themselves from the fact that the show is entirely unoriginal.

I need a new tv show though. I've done my usual cycle through curb, seinfeld, peep show, always sunny, black books etc. and need something to keep me going. survivor can only do so much...
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|