View Single Post
Old 04.01.2013, 12:34 PM   #246
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Saw him lastnight @ Lee's Palace in Toronto (or as Thurston called is "Lee Ranaldo's Palace")... I'm pretty certain Thurston's revisited the CGDGBB guitar tuning for this CLM album now, because when he played 'staring statues' and 'pretty bad' for the encore he didn't retune the B and e strings and from the get go at the beginning of the show i could hear the unison on those strings quite easily...
I good show overall not as energetic as I thought they'd be (Thurston and John were the most into it, but Keith and Samara are solid players nonetheless), but a good solid set. Not as fully attended as I anticipated probably because it was Easter Sunday, and someone in the audience gave Thurston a Lindt chocolate bunny in gold foil.
The goofiest part was a new song they played where Thurston didn't have a music stand and pulled a lyric sheet of paper out and read the lyrics (w/o playing guitar) and then biting the paper between verses so he could use his hands to play the guitar.
Said hi to John Moloney as my band(s) have opened for Six Organs and Sunburned in the past, but didn't get to talk... man folks in Toronto love to crowd and hover over that merch for-like-ever likes it sacred, kinda annoying...
got 2 cdrs (Rat Power , a John Moloney punk/hardcore band and Irish-American Prayer, which is a Thurston and Moloney improv duo interspersed with beat-poetry reading segments by Dennis O'Driscoll and Thurston himself.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|