View Single Post
Old 08.31.2019, 11:36 AM   #1542
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I made mussels for the first time myself yesterday. It's extremely yummy and so easy! Take 1kg of mussels per person, and change the amount for other ingredients accordingly

For wine I selected an Austrian, Gruener Veltiner
Apologies for European sizes

According to the recipe the cooking time is 15 minutes, but that was at least for me way too long. A litthe over 5 minutes was all it took.
And don't gorget to wash the mussels with cold water before cooking, if necessary (package should say so). And don't cook the ones that are already open

Quote:
Mussels with roquefort

4 people 20 min

Ingredients

3 kg of fresh mussels
2 shallots, shredded
400 g roquefort (200 g crumbled + 200 g in 4 slices)
300 g of crème fraiche
200 ml of dry white wine

Prepare

Pour the mussels in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, the crumbled roquefort and the crème fraîche. Pour the white wine over it.

Cover the pan for 15 minutes on a low heat. Shake the mussels halfway through the preparation time. The mussels are ready when they are all open. Shake them again. Place a slice of roquefort on each portion.

Serve the mussels with fries. [and/or baguette]

this recipe comes from a cookbook by Léon de Bruxelles which is a chain of restaurants in France. I ate there a couple of times, and every time at the same restaurant their mussels were heavily overcooked. I'm a better cook than their cook(s)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|