Thread: video games
View Single Post
Old 04.25.2018, 09:22 AM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I still play them and enjoy them, i just think they are kind of idiotic at the same time. Video games are to free time as junk food is to meal times.
they’re no worse than sudoku or crossword puzzles or card games or darts/billiards/etc

they stimulate your nervous system with a variety of challenges that require a multitude of skills—from eye-hand coordination to resource management to memory to long-term planning to social communication to performing under pressure to imagination and creativity, and so on, depending on the game.

nothing junky about that if you know what you’re doing and why and what for and can enjoy it for what it is.

i read about a study that showed surgeons who play console games have greater eye-hand coordination and make fewer mistakes than their non-game playing colleagues. i don’t have the source off the top of my head but should be googable.

and then again—doing something constantly and feeling guilty about it is also its own kind of game!

if the games you play feel idiotic— find better games!

everything we do is games.

including mealtimes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|