View Single Post
Old 01.29.2013, 07:53 AM   #45
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
yeah what i was concluding up there, is that we need feminism for that, because people dont think harder. or like i said we need various voices to exist, nomatter if we agree or not with them.
and i m a feminist since i can remember myself.
but i was always considering myself humansmth instead, because i m thinking women and men as humans and thats how i express and get through my feminism. its like saying i am a feminist, is like accepting there is an issue by default and then trying to fight for women's rights, whereas i prefer to speak like there isnt an 'issue', because there shouldnt be one.

yeah, not expressing it well.
an example- have said all these before..
the riot girrll thing. i didnt like it called that way. i understand that perhaps there wasnt any other way to be called. however, it made me think that it transmitted further more he idea, that women dont have their place in music world etc.

Feminists fight for equality, yeah.
There are very good texts that show how it is impossible to be a humanist without being a feminist.

Pretending an issue is not there never makes it go away and it always seem to give an advantage to whoever is taking advantage of that situation.

I don't think "riot grrrls" called themselves that. I think a patronizing, sexist media did, as they turned it into a commodity for their own amusement.

I have discussed this with Glice many times, but you would have no idea how many people simply assume I don't write music or play instruments just based on my gender. Or people who feel that somehow it's cute to see a woman playing or how many times people compile 'women in music' lists. They also seem to think 'female vocalist' is a genre.... but this is a story for a different thread.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|