View Single Post
Old 07.06.2012, 06:15 PM   #80
Starcat
bad moon rising

Starcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Again, you're assuaging her own flaws in her approach towards him. Who gives a fuck who he was making fun of? He makes fun of both men and women all the time, and people take him too seriously when it's a female apparently. Why doesn't anyone get in his face when he's mocking a guy? oh that's right... ridiculous. Haha

It has nothing to do with ostentation or "tough guy attitude", the guy was really cool with her initially until she started acting condescending by making demands like telling him to look into her eyes or some shit. Being somehwat familiar with the guy, I can tell it wouldn't make a difference who was surrounding him and lydia. The guy speaks his mind regardless.

Perhaps it is silly that an entire page and a half has been posted about this, but what exactly is so shocking about a Sonic Youth board member disagreeing in this situation? Like I said, I don't really care enough to despise her, but she has always came off to me as patronizing and rude. I'm not ok with that just because she was involved with other musicians I happen to admire. There is enough evidence right in front of you (if you look), and this time she just happened to run into someone who wasn't going to take her demeaning behavior... and then she starts verbally backing down trying to sound like she's an angel. Pretty cowardly to me, but I guess that part isn't even in the video? maybe I'm seeing shit.

What kind of guy freaks out when someone asks them to look them in the eye? What kind of guy hits a girl for touching him on the shoulder? He was only cool with her until he realized that she wasn't a fan. She was condescending, because he was being dumb as shit. He was a defensive asshole, because he had nothing to say for himself, except that he shouldn't have to defend himself in the first place. She never even got to say whatever snarky thing she was preparing to say, because he yelled over her every time she tried. It had everything to do with a tough guy attitude by refusing to talk to her about his comedy, and if him speaking his mind is to yell "don't go attacking me, I see where yr going with this!" and "this is dopey dumb-dumb talk!" then I feel sorry for the complexity of his thoughts.

Starcat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|