View Single Post
Old 01.31.2015, 02:50 PM   #126
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I've been listening to Sorry For The Wait 2 quite a bit. I can't say I'm really that floored by the quality of the verses, but they lyrics certainly suck less than they have in some time. Still, bitching about the villainous record label is not generally much of a topical improvement over bragging about how much pussy you eat.

I'm being hard on Wayne because he's the kind of artist that should be judged harshly. He's capable of doing great things, so I'm not going to give him a standing ovation for barely managing to surpass complete mediocrity. It wouldn't be fair to him.

He's never sounded so brittle. He's talking like a boss, but he hasn't been one in some time. Not really. It's nice to hear him talk about sending his thugs out to bring him "head proof," but from a technical perspective he's still just scraping by... It's hard to imagine that this is the dude who declared himself the Best Rapper Alive, and actually managed to convince most of the world that this was the god's honest truth, and not just the hubris of a hype-inflated ego.

He sounds like he might still have his balls intact... But all of this backstory shit begs the question: WHY? Why, specifically, is Carter V being held hostage? Is it too "radical" for those softies over at Cash Money? If that's the case, why was he able to release a million singles, ostensibly from the album, without any protest from the execs? Christ, is he just buying time? If those singles weren't from CV, then what the fuck were they, other than disappointing and totally shitty?

And why is Chris Brown still being featured on the tracks of A-listers? His career should have been dead long ago, and I still try to boycot him as much as possible. But if that guy has any true friends in the industry then hip hop really does need to make some changes.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|