View Single Post
Old 01.06.2009, 05:04 AM   #149
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Popular culture does affect the music of bands that sell out, but it's a symbiotic relationship. In order to offer a band money, the business has to trust their uniqueness. They aren't looking for greedy musicians to transform into Green Day, but they expect a little give and take. Some bands are meant to keep out of the limelight for experimentation purposes or for underground music listeners, but there are even more people out there in the "pop world" waiting for a band like AC to impress them.

I have a real problem when too many bands set their feet in the sand and refuse to sell out for "ethical reasons." If all of these talented bands are just their own personal wankfest, "This is what I want to do, and I don't care what anyone says," then they can't expect to make a difference. Occassionally a band refuses to budge and makes a difference, and that has its place, but most progress is made through compromise. A little change never hurt anyone more than they deserved.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|