View Single Post
Old 06.27.2012, 11:14 PM   #63
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
It really doesn't have to be anymore complicated than just realizing the majority aren't very fond of RR or The Eternal. I have yet to see anyone express a feeling of "betrayal" because they were disappointed in the last two albums... which is just silly.

I actually believe both albums have received an abundance of unnecessary criticism in the past ("past" being the key word), as both are still very listenable. But why would a "serious music fan" settle for mediocrity in the first place? Of course my expectations will be high for this band.... why wouldn't they be? regardless of the preceding albums. My experiences listening to both of those records have been intermittent, and maybe someday I will appreciate them more... but right now that just isn't the case. It has more to do with preference than anything else.

And no offense... but to me it sounds like you're attempting to invigorate something that even you don't think is a big deal (apparently). I will stay loyal to them and whatever the members do elsewhere, that doesn't mean I abruptly begin feeling like the band has betrayed me because I was disappointed in their last album. I do however question why you'd want them to persist in releasing records that are merely listenable, and have hardly much else to offer aside from that.... as it could result in deplorable redundancy.

Not thoroughly enjoying the latter part of SY's career isn't really relevant when it comes to posting on here, is it? The Eternal was released in 09, and for all we know that was the final studio album we'd ever hear out of them again. But you're still visiting this board, no? I firmly agree with a lot of demonrail's comments, and they're still probably my favorite band of all time. They have done enough for me to accept whatever direction they choose to pursue... This is a very similar outlook I have on many artists whom I admire. I don't expect them to be impeccable... every single piece of work a masterpiece. This doesn't make it impervious for me to dislike something they've done.

It seems you donīt understand what I have written or you just donīt want to understand what I have written. I think you havenīt been as active as I in this board, because you think here are no fans that think Sy has betrayed them. Just search old "rather Ripped" thread and you can read how much hate there is about that album.

You can think am I serious listener or not, but I donīt want to listen music that is mediocre. But that doesnīt mean I listen only avantgarde. To me most important thing in music is that it gives me strong feelings and musicmaker has making it putting 100% from himself to it. And in my opinion SY has put 100% all of their records.

Are you really forgetting SYR9 came 2011 (and itīs not SYR release from older material like some others, it is recorded in 2010)? I think itīs recorded in studio, so to me itīs also studio album. And when Itīs SY-record, to me itīs totally same is it official or not. After that has came at least Thurstonīs two solos, Leeīs Solo, Ono/Gordon/Moore-release and soon Glacial. To me SY is living band and no-one knows are there coming also some new SY-release sometime in the future. But really, if SY will split, I will not be here anymore.

The whole point into my writing is that if you donīt like the newest SY material, why you have to complain about it now and then? I have been great Red Hot Chili Peppers-fan, but I donīt like their two last albums at all. I donīt have any interests to go their message board, but if I had, I wouldnīt go there now then keep on saying how lousy album Stadium Arcadium is. There really has been lots of comments "rather ripped is shit, I hate it" "the eternal is shit" etc. Also itīs not very long time when E. noisefield started thread where he wants to tell he donīt like Eternal. If you havenīt seen them, you really havenīt been active here. I donīt really believe also SY will ever make like for example Metallica, I mean try to do album what fans want to them (Death Magnetic=the worst Metallica album Iīve heard).
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|