View Single Post
Old 07.14.2019, 09:19 PM   #12
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
"passing" is a sensitive subject for transgender men and women. I get "ma'am" 80% of the time, men open doors for me, they look at me with attraction. Still I haven't learned to modify my voice so I can see that flicker in the eye when people realize I'm born male. When I get sir'ed it is upsetting. I like to shoot the shit with people. The owner of a local record store is super nice, I always enjoy talking to him. However he always says "thanks for stopping in man" or something like that. It's getting to the point where I cringe when I walk into the store.

If you see what you know is a man, but they are dressed entirely in women's clothing head to toe, wearing women's accessories and make up. Don't say sir etc. While "dude" is gender neutral these days, most trans girls don't like it.

If you don't know if you should use male or female pronouns, don't use them at all. It's not hard.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|